Musie Preparatory High School Sheraro Town Tigray, Ethiopia
1. Project Description
- Project Name- Construction of Sheraro Preparatory school
- Project location:
- Region- Tigrai National Regional State
- Zone- North Western zone
- Woreda- Sheraro town
- Source of finance-TDA-Int, TDA-NA and Woreda administration
- Project duration-June 2015-February 2017
- Level of aggregate physical accomplishment-98%
With a vision of ensuring a region free of poverty and backwardness, TDA was established in 1989 as non-for-profit and tax exempt membership based organization. Since its establishment, it has been focusing on development of human capital through construction both primary and secondary schools and health institutions as well as training teaching and health professionals.
The Tigrai Development Association has in excess of 1.4 million members registered in its chapters within the country and abroad. TDA chapters mobilize funds required development projects that help alleviate social problems at grassroots level.
As one of these chapters, TDA-NA, in its Annual General Meeting of 2014, decided to raise 50 percent of fund required to construct a preparatory school (grades 11-12) at Sheraro town.
Progress so far
3.1 Project commencement
A colorful ground breaking ceremony that involved local community, representatives from TDA-NA, Woreda administration and TDA-International was held in March 2015. Then, after completing due process of bid, construction commenced in June 2015.
Total work includes:
- G+1 classroom block that comprises 21 classrooms as well as offices for unit leaders, students’ union and janitors;
- Science laboratory block for physics, Chemistry and Biology
- Two ICT rooms
- Administration block
- Rearranging a block built a year before into a library block
- A fence work (included after the Woreda administration pledged to cover its cost )